The Museum of the history of the city of Kokshetau was established in 2000. The museum is located in the old part of the city. It was in this area, at the foot of the hills, on the shore of Lake Kopa, that the birth of Kokshetau began in the first quarter of the 19th century.
The museum building is a historical monument and is under state protection. The museum’s exposition reflects in chronological order the main milestones of the history of Kokshetau, from the moment of its foundation in 1824 to the present. The museum’s collections contain more than 11 thousand exhibits. Among the exhibits there are the most interesting for visitors are the American car brands Cadillac, the German bike brand “durkop” dating back to the early 20th century, and the old types of road transport and winter sleigh and summer cab.