The museum named after Mukhamedzhan Tynyshpayev of Almaty region was opened on March 1, 1974. The main purpose of the museum is to show visitors the archaeological finds of ancient Zhetysu and tell them about the history of the Zhetysu region. The museum named after M. Tynyshbayev has 27454 exhibits, including archaeological finds of ancient Zhetysu, ancient musical instruments, various dishes, bronze cauldrons, clay vessels, as well as various manuscripts of famous chroniclers who lived in the city of Zhetysu and much more. Here you can see an exhibition that displays the local flora and fauna and you can find maps of the location of local nature reserves and hunting farms.
The Regional Literary Museum named after I. Zhansugurov was opened in May 1984 in honor of the 90th anniversary of the classic of Kazakh literature. The building in which the museum is located was built in 1907. The exposition of the Museum consists of 5 rooms, which represented more than 6,000 personal belongings of the writer, typewriter, Desk lamp, his favorite musical instrument – kobyz of Malika, first editions of books, a gramophone, a cane and a document about the death sentence of 26 February 1938 for participating in counter-revolutionary nationalist organization
Previously, there was a vacant lot on the site of the temple, which eventually turned into a landfill. Thanks to the mayor, the land plot was transferred to the believers. The foundation stone of the church was laid on May 22, 2002. The church was built on voluntary donations.
On January 1, 2003, the action “A brick for the Temple” was announced, and Taldykorgans actively responded to it. In four months, 140,000 bricks were brought in. Someone brought a lot, someone brought 10-20 bricks on cars and even on a sled. In 2016, the church was consecrated. The church has a Sunday school and a library with 218 volumes.
According to statistics preserved in the archives, in 1917, more than 3,000 people lived in the village of Gavrilovskoye (now Taldykorgan). In the center of the village, two Orthodox churches were located on a raised platform. During the Soviet era, churches and schools were closed.
The typical brick church was founded in 1987 by Archpriest Vladimir Sharov. In 1997, he died tragically and was buried to the right of the altar.
The cathedral in honor of the Apostle and Evangelist John the Theologian was consecrated in 1993.
The mosque was opened in 2014. There is a library, madrasahs, classrooms, a hall for reading the Koran and marriage, prayer rooms, as well as a variety of service rooms.
The mosque is a two-story building designed for 1,200 parishioners. The construction was carried out in compliance with all religious canons. The total area of the mosque is 4,500 square meters. The building of the temple is unique, it was painted by the best masters.
The museum was opened in May 2015. The museum has more than 1,200 exhibits that reveal the history of the Semirechye police. The museum is located in three halls, each of which presents a separate period of the history of the police of the region from 1917, that is, from the day of the formation of the internal affairs bodies of Kazakhstan, to the present.
The police collected exhibits for their own museum all over the region. Some details of the newly opened museum were donated by colleagues from other regions of the republic.